For the young, old. and everyone in-between. These demos are great for classroom instruction, a lazy summer day, or your next science fair project.
Heat & Mass Transfer Demos
Below, you can download instructions and posters for 47 different hands-on demonstrations which use multiple senses to teach fundamental Heat & Mass Transfer principles. A basic understanding of Heat & Mass Transfer is an essential for Engineering, Physics, and Chemistry careers. These demonstrations were prepared by Dr. Bundy’s ChE 376 Students and presented to hundreds of K-12 students as part of BYU’s 2011, 2012 and 2013 Engineering Week. These demonstrations were prepared with the educator in mind and the cost and preparation time was kept to a minimum. Also one of these demonstrations could be adapted into a science fair project. Thank you to DOW Chemical for donating funds used for the development of these demonstrations.
- Heat & Mass Transfer Demonstration Instructions Year #1
- Heat & Mass Transfer Demonstration Instructions Year #2
- Heat & Mass Transfer Demonstration Instructions Year #3
- Heat & Mass Transfer Demonstration Posters Year #1
- Heat & Mass Transfer Demonstration Posters Year #2
- Heat & Mass Transfer Demonstration Posters Year #3
Enzyme Biocatalysis Demos
Through funding provided by the National Science Foundation CBET Division (Awards: 1254148, 1115229), Dr. Bundy has worked with graduate and undergraduate students to prepare and present hands-on biocatalysis educational demonstrations. Demonstration instructions and corresponding Poster/PowerPoint slides specifically tailored to K-6 grade students or 7-12 grade students are below.
- K-6 Enzyme Demonstration Instructions
- K-6 Enzyme Demonstration Poster
- 7-12 Enzyme Demonstration Instructions
- 7-12 Enzyme Demonstration Poster